Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6020, represents the sworn Deputies and Sergeants of the Broward Sherriff’s Office, whom serve a county population of over 1.9 million people in an area that is over 1,200 square miles in size and includes cities and locations such as the Broward County Courthouse, Central Broward, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood International Airport, Lauderdale by the Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pompano Beach, Port Everglades, Tamarac, Unincorporated West Broward, West Park, Weston, and Weston Florida.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, Local 6020 was formed to provide representation for the Deputies and responds to their needs around the clock, 365 days a year. By affiliating with the I.U.P.A., the Deputies chose to enhance their legal protection with the Legal Defense Fund which has approximately $51,000,000 in the reserves and protects them civilly, criminally, and administratively. The I.U.P.A. Local 6020 is run by Deputies and Sergeants currently working for the Broward Sheriff’s Office based on the idea that no one will have a more vested interest in the I.U.P.A. Local 6020 other than those currently working.
- Webinar: How LE and school administrators can train together for active shooter responseon September 26, 2022 at 9:51 pm
This webinar will outline the steps to conducting meetings and deciding on roles, responsibilities and procedures to developing tabletop exercises and small-scale training drills, and eventually […]
- Can’t make it to the IACP conference?by Greg Friese, MS, NRP on September 26, 2022 at 8:27 pm
Don’t worry, it is still possible to connect with and learn from other law enforcement leaders
- Arrest at threshold leads to valid protective sweepby Ken Wallentine on September 26, 2022 at 8:10 pm
It is proper for an officer to conduct a cursory inspection of adjoining spaces without probable cause or reasonable suspicion
- Chief: Man shot by Chicago police infiltrated SWAT trainingon September 26, 2022 at 7:54 pm
The suspect entered a Chicago police facility while officers were undergoing a SWAT training exercise and grabbed at least two guns before he was shot and wounded
- Cleveland SWAT and non-profit raise over $30K for officer paralyzed by drunk driveron September 26, 2022 at 6:57 pm
The fundraiser was in support of Officer Jon Rodriguez, with a goal of raising $50,000 for a life-changing surgery he is set to undergo due to the accident
- 57 pepper balls fired at non-violent suspect leads to policy, training changeson September 26, 2022 at 6:48 pm
The Calif. department’s changes stem from an incident where the pepper balls were fired at a suspect after police stopped a car in search of a stolen vehicle