Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6020, represents the sworn Deputies and Sergeants of the Broward Sherriff’s Office, whom serve a county population of over 1.9 million people in an area that is over 1,200 square miles in size and includes cities and locations such as the Broward County Courthouse, Central Broward, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale- Hollywood International Airport, Lauderdale by the Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pompano Beach, Port Everglades, Tamarac, Unincorporated West Broward, West Park, Weston, and Weston Florida.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association, Local 6020 was formed to provide representation for the Deputies and responds to their needs around the clock, 365 days a year. By affiliating with the I.U.P.A., the Deputies chose to enhance their legal protection with the Legal Defense Fund which has approximately $51,000,000 in the reserves and protects them civilly, criminally, and administratively. The I.U.P.A. Local 6020 is run by Deputies and Sergeants currently working for the Broward Sheriff’s Office based on the idea that no one will have a more vested interest in the I.U.P.A. Local 6020 other than those currently working.
- 2 Miss. officers shot, one fatally, responding to domestic disputeon June 1, 2023 at 4:55 pm
When officers arrived at the scene, police said the suspect fired at officers
- Watch: Wash. deputies, K-9 track down prison escapee and wanted manon June 1, 2023 at 4:47 pm
The prison escapee lost a shoe as he ran into the woods, which K-9 Eddie used to track him down
- 'I’m a bit of a prankster': Wyo. PD chief pulls prank on trail cam set up to catch mountain lionon June 1, 2023 at 3:15 pm
“I took my Halloween mask and thought this should be fun,” Chief Mike Thompson said
- Photo of the Week: From helicopter highways to Corvette cruising!by Police1 Members on June 1, 2023 at 3:07 pm
A retired cop shows off his new ride
- Enhancing law enforcement efficiency and security with Dell Rugged laptopson June 1, 2023 at 2:59 pm
Discover the innovative features and advantages of Dell devices in this informative Q&A article
- Calif. bill calling to limit use of K-9s in arrests, crowd control not moving forwardon June 1, 2023 at 2:57 pm
The bill called for changing the standard for releasing police K-9s to bite someone, which would make it the same standard for officers using deadly force